Content slots are a placeholder on a webpage that allows the user to add, edit, and manage content dynamically.
This means that the content of the slot can be changed easily without the need to modify the underlying HTML or other code.
Content slots can be used to insert a variety of different types of content, such as text, images, videos, and more, and can be used to create a more dynamic and personalized experience for customers.
They are used to create a consistent and flexible layout across pages, and are often used to make updates and changes to a website without the need to update the entire site.
They are also useful for creating reusable components across the site and for A/B testing.
How to create Content Slot in Commerce Cloud:
There are several steps to creating a content slot in Salesforce Commerce Cloud. Here is a general overview of the process:
- Log in to the Business Manager for your website.
- Navigate to the “Content” section and select “Content Slots.”
- Click the “New” button to create a new content slot.
- Give the content slot a name and select a template for the slot. You can also set the slot’s dimensions, and configure other settings as needed.
- Once the slot is created, you can add content to it by selecting the “Add Content” button.
- This will allow you to add text, images, videos, and other types of content.
- Once the content is added, you can save and publish the content slot.
- To add the content slot to a page, navigate to the page in the “Content” section, and select the “Add Content Slot” button. This will allow you to select the content slot you just created, and add it to the page.
- Once the content slot is added to the page, you can edit it by clicking on the pencil icon.
- If you want to add more content slots, repeat the process.
It’s important to note that the above steps are a general process, the specific steps and options may vary depending on the version of Salesforce Commerce Cloud you are using.
One thought on “Content slots in Commerce Cloud”