A catalog in Salesforce Commerce Cloud is a collection of products or assets that can be used to create and manage e-commerce stores or sites.
In Salesforce Commerce Cloud, you can create multiple catalogs.
each with their own products or assets, and assign them to different sites or stores.
This allows you to have different catalogs for different types of products, regions, or even languages.
It’s worth noting that Salesforce Commerce Cloud also allows to use a single catalog across multiple sites.
so you can share products and assets across different sites, making it easier to manage your e-commerce business.
To create a catalog in Salesforce Commerce Cloud, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the Business Manager and navigate to the Catalogs tab.
- Click on the “New Catalog” button.
- Enter a name and description for the catalog.
- Select a catalog type, such as “Product” or “Asset.”
- Select the catalog’s primary currency.
- Choose whether or not to enable the catalog for site or store use.
- Click “Save” to create the catalog.
- Once the catalog is created, you can add products or assets to it by clicking on the “Add Products” or “Add Assets” button in the catalog’s details page.
Note: This is a general overview of the process and might vary depending on the Salesforce Commerce Cloud version you are using.