Gift cards are a type of payment method that allows customers to purchase a card with a certain value.
that can then be used to make purchases on the e-commerce platform.
In Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Gift cards can be physical cards or digital vouchers that can be redeemed online.
They can be used as a form of payment at checkout, and the value of the gift card is applied to the total purchase amount.
They are often used as a promotional tool or as a way to provide customers with an alternative payment option.
How to configure gift cards in salesforce commerce cloud:
Here are the general steps for configuring gift cards in Salesforce Commerce Cloud:
- Set up the gift card payment method: This can be done in the Business Manager by going to the Payment Methods page and creating a new payment method for gift cards.
- You will need to enter information such as the payment method name and the payment processor that will be used for gift card transactions.
- Create a gift card product: This can be done in the Business Manager by going to the Products page and creating a new product of type “Gift Card”.
- You will need to enter information such as the product name, price, and any applicable fees.
- Create a gift card template: This can be done in the Business Manager by going to the Email Templates page and creating a new template for gift cards.
- You will need to include information such as the gift card value, the recipient’s name, and instructions for redeeming the gift card.
- Create a gift card promotion: This can be done in the Business Manager by going to the Promotions page and creating a new promotion for gift cards.
- You will need to set the promotion rules and conditions, such as the minimum purchase amount required to receive a gift card or the maximum number of gift cards that can be redeemed per order.
- Configure the gift card checkout process: This can be done in the Business Manager by going to the Checkout page and configuring the gift card field to be displayed during the checkout process.
- You will need to set the gift card field to be optional or mandatory, and also configure the gift card validation process.
- Test the gift card configuration: This can be done by placing a test order using the gift card payment method and verifying that the gift card is applied correctly and the order is processed correctly.
It’s important to note that the specific steps may vary depending on the version of Salesforce Commerce Cloud you are using and the customization you made to the platform.
It’s always recommended to check the documentation provided by Salesforce for the specific version you are using.
2 thoughts on “Configure Gift Cards in Commerce Cloud”