In Salesforce Commerce Cloud, salesforce products are segregated in such a way that users will be able to simplify the product management system.
Adding a master product involves several steps:
In commerce cloud products, Master products are used to simplify product management in an e-commerce store by allowing the store owner to create one product listing for all the variations of a product. This allows the store owner to easily update the product information, pricing, and inventory for all variations at once.
- Log in to the Business Manager of Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
- Navigate to the Product section in the Business Manager.
- Click on the “New Product” button. This will open a form where you can enter information about the master product.
- Fill in the required fields such as Product ID, Product Name, and Description.
- In the “Variations” section, you can add the attributes of the variations of the master product. For example, if you are selling a shirt, you can add “Size” and “Color” as attributes.
- Add images and other media to the master product.
- Assign the master product to a category and set the product’s status to “Active” to make it available for purchase.
- Save the master product by clicking on the “Save” button.
- Create variation products by clicking on the “New Product” button. The process of creating a variation product is almost the same as the master product. Select the master product from the “Parent Product” field.
- Fill in the required fields such as Product ID, Product Name, and Description for each variation product.
- Assign the variation product to the master product, set attributes, images, and other media.
- Save the variation product by clicking on the “Save” button.
Once you have added the master product and its variants, they will be available for customers to purchase in your SFCC-powered online store.
One thought on “Add master product in salesforce commerce cloud”